This guide provides details on importing a spreadsheet of products into Rezolve.
Import File Format
You will likely need to edit your spreadsheet to match Rezolve’s requirements.
You can download an example file from here:
Here are the column headings that are supported by Rezolve.
|sku||Unique product identifier||YES||Must be unique. Use the sku field to update existing products.|
|price||Product price||YES||No currency symbol|
|short_description||Product short description||NO|
|categories||The category of the product||NO||Default Category/[category_name]|
Note: the top category in Rezolve is called ‘Default Category’.
|image||Full URL path to the image online||NO|
|small_image||Full URL path to the image online||NO||Can just be the same value as ‘image’|
|thumbnail_image||Full URL path to the image online||NO||Can just be the same value as ‘image’|
|attribute_set_code||Internal||YES||Must always be set to value ‘Default’|
|product_type||Internal||YES||Must always be set to value ‘simple’|
|weight||Product weight||YES||Must be set but can have any numeric value. Suggest using 1|
Importing in Rezolve
In the Merchant Portal, go to ‘System > Data Transfer > Import’.
- Under Import Settings, set ‘Entity Type’ to ‘Products’
- Set ‘Import Behavior’ to ‘Add/Update’
- To determine what happens when an error is encountered when importing data, choose ‘Stop on Error’
- In the Allowed Errors Count field, enter the number of errors that can occur before the import is cancelled. The default value is 10. There is no reason to change this
- Accept the default value of a comma (,) for the Field separator (unless you are using a different one).
- Accept the default value of a comma (,) for the Multiple value separator (unless you are using a different one).
- If you want to enclose any special characters that might be found in the data as an escape sequence, select the ‘Fields Enclosure’ checkbox.
You are now ready to import your file.
- Click ‘Choose File’ to select the file to import.
- Find the CSV file that you prepared to import and click ‘Open.’
- In the upper-right corner, click ‘Check Data’.
- Wait a few moments for the validation process to complete.
- If the file is valid, click Import.
- Otherwise, correct each problem with the data that is listed in the message, and try to import the file again.
The import process continues to the end of the data, unless an error is encountered.
A message appears when the import is complete.
When importing product data, new product data is added to existing product data entries in the database.
All fields except SKU can be updated through import.
Exercise caution when using the ‘Replace’ option. All existing product data will be completely cleared and Buy engagements will be broken.